Best Drugstore Makeup

So I said to myself, "self- what should I write for my first blog post?" The best idea myself could come up with, was to write something from each portion of this blog as my first few posts. I promised to pour my heart out into writing about beauty, fashion, life, and dreams. So shan't we begin with beauty? Of course we shall. 


Disclaimer: This is just my way of saying these are the products that work for me and I like best as of this moment. I am not forcing you to try them in any way! I was also not sponsored for saying this. All opinions are my own as always. ^_^

Foundation: 

♥ L'Oreal True Match Lumi

I bought this foundation in March 2013 for my dance competition, although on a day to day basis I do not wear foundation. My shade I own right now is my winter/spring shade, W4 Natural Beige warm. For those who would like a reference, I'd categorize my skin tone as Olive or natural Tan. I have combination skin, oily and dry, as well as sensitive skin. I find this foundation leaves your skin with a natural dewy finish, but can easily be changed to matte with some powder. L'Oreal has (in my opinion) the best range of colors for foundation making it easy to find your exact shade! The foundation also has SPF 20 making it easy to protect your skin! I have a video on my youtube channel of me applying this foundation, do watch it for a reference! (keep in mind I am a bit darker in that video) 
Foundation Routine

Sorry about the poopey photo quality...

Powder:

Revlon PhotoReady 

The shade I have for this powder is in Translucent. I think this powder is great for mattifying your look, and it doesn't upset my sensitive skin! A little bit can go a mile, so don't over apply because it can give you a white cast. 




Blush/Bronzer:

E.L.F. Blush Bronzer Duo

This duo is a complete steal! For only $3 you get great pigmentation in blush and bronzer. The duo I like best is in Blushed/Bronzed. The blush is a shimmery peach color that looks good on just about everyone. The bronzer is a nice deep brown with the slightest shimmer you can barely see it. The color is extremely pigmented and is dark enough that you can see the color on even darker skin tones like mine! I do not find that this breaks me out :) 



Concealer:

Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up Concealer

Sonia Kashuk is, to me, the higher end brand of the drugstore. The makeup is slightly pricier but that pays off in quality. The concealer I have is in the shade 04 wheat. I think this concealer is great under the eyes because of the creaminess. The concealer spreads out easily and covers blemishes in a pinch! If you go up one shade you can also easily use this under the eyes or on the cheek bones as a highlight while concealing! 





Pencil Liner:

L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

I used to be the biggest fan of pencil eyeliner when I first started with makeup, but to be honest I don't use it as much anymore. Although I would have to say my favorite is the L'Oreal one because it comes in a huge pencil that is easy to use and pigmented. It also has pretty good staying power, even on the waterline. Mine is in Black/Noir



Gel Liner:

Maybelline Eyestudio 

Gel liner come to mama!! I love gel liner because the brushes are easy to use on the tricky upper lash line and the staying power of it on the waterline is incredible! My favorite one that I use ALL the time is the Maybelline one in Blackest Black. It glides on so smoothly and comes with a super versatile brush! Not to mention the pot has a ton of product! I do not find that when wearing this on my waterline it irritates my eyes.



Liquid Liner:

L'Oreal Intense Liquid Liner

I love this liquid liner because of the great pigmentation. Mine is in Carbon Black and the brush is just like a paintbrush. The liner glides smoothly onto my top lash line and is very easy to use. The brush is very versatile and resembles something more high end. 



Lip Products:

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain
Covergirl Lipsticks/ Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks
Revlon Lip Butters

Okay there's no hiding it. I'm a lip junkie. I love lipsticks and balms and glosses. You name it, I'm there. I clearly couldn't choose my #1 lip product but these are a few of the ones that I think came out on top. The Balm Stains are so glossy and pigmented. They come in so many colors and moisturize your lips too. The Covergirl/ Rimmel lipsticks come in a variety of finishes and shades! The two remind me of each other so I paired them together. Don't even get me started on the Lip Butters. They are silky smooth, moisturizing and come in a million colors! 





Mascara:

Wet n Wild MegaLength Mascara
L'Oreal Voluminous Curved Brush Mascara

I could not choose between these two mascaras because I love them both for different reasons. My Wet n Wild mascara is in the color black and I find that it separates my lashes beautifully as well as lengthening them. This mascara's brush is also great for lower lashes and lengthening them. The L'Oreal mascara is great at voluminizing (is that a word?) my lashes and giving them a smokey look :) 





These are a few of the basic Faves from the drugstore! I hope you guys enjoyed :D
Comment if you cannot find the products and need links for the products!

xoxo,
Soni





0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Followers

Feel free to connect with me :)

Youtube

Loading...